Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I picked up 10 604's for $100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    I picked up 10 604's for $100

    Happy April fools day.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!
    You got me.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member aditya's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    You got me....also

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    As I was clicking on the thread, it did cross my mind that it could be an April Fools joke, but I had it in mind that you, Cradeldorf, had responded to it. So I was more surprised that you started it! :-)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    HB Super Moderator
    I picked up 10 604's for 0


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    Didn't get me ! See I don't beleive anything for 24 hrs.On April Fools. I have had lots of practice..
    Last edited by Altec Best; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: error

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    Funny thing is......is that my brother actually picked up SIX of them for only $350.00 a few years back. Had to be the 604 deal of a lifetime. I'm sure the thread is buried in here somewhere.
    I tried to talk my bro into hanging onto them but he flipped them almost imediately.
    (Wifes orders!.....shes no dummy)

    Russ

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    The First United Methodist Church in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, had a Doc Boner-designed distributed system in it for years using, if memory serves, that funny version of the 604 that had the torpedo-like thing where the horn should be. What was that called....a 616? At any rate, I'm sure the system is long gone, as I was one of the contractors bidding on designing and installing a new one for them in the middle-1980's. That system was in there for at least 20-25 years....I wonder how many they've had since they took it out?
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    I picked up 10 604's for 0


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: I picked up 10 604's for $100

    Yeah Todd it was a 615.It had a Conical horn with the N1585 crossover.

    13
    12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.